Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A great spa blog for . . .Men!


I love that Andrew Moorhouse has started a blog specifically to get men in on the spa action. I also like that this blog is not about collecting “for-male” spas, which are becoming more common and have a particular shall-we-say aroma of testosterone infusing them. Male spas feels like a misnomer to me. The one's I've seen, which I admit are limited to local places, serve beer and seem more like stylish barber shops, which provide a great service if you are in need of baby stepping your way to the real thing. But Andrew's blog is about enlightening men on the benefits of the concept of spa-ing, which knows no gender. (My partner is definitely in touch with his feminine side and though he gets massages by a male therapist who has a private practice, I can’t imagine him going to a spa—without me.)

In fact, Andrew’s blog, the Great Spa Search, is right on target, maybe even ahead of the curve, and hits a perfect pitch because he's picked up on a big issue that has spa owners scratching their collective heads about. DaySpa, a spa trade journal, ran a cover story in the June 07 issue called “You’ve Got Male: How to attract more men to your spa.” So congrats, Andrew. That's good blogging!

Andrew is located in Australia so if you are planning a trip there, or live there currently, he is collecting Melboure-based spa faves. It’s good to have someone do the research for you, isn’t it?

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Hi Rose,
Thanks for your generous encouragement for my fledgling blog. Much appreciated. Will send my readers to your great blog, too.
Regards,

Rose said...

Glad to do it!